Monday, June 29, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Saturday, June 27, 2009
- asking you whether you have 3 minutes to enjoy a free stay at a remarkable resort by the sea?
- or offering you a great insurance / personal accident coverage offered only to you, our special and priveledged customer,
- or selling you a great travel membership with association in 600plus resorts in 90 countries.
- "It's OK. I already have personal insurance."
- "I'm not interested. Thanks."
- "I tengah meeting lah. Nanti call balik, ya"
- "I outstation ni."
Friday, June 26, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Saturday, June 20, 2009
I just love Awards but Tags - not so much! But since this is a pretty simple one, I am all for it. It's the expectation, you know, thinking that you've let the person down if you didn't answer fast enough or witty enough. And I don't quite like letting people down. Actually, for this particular award I am quite tak larat because the person who awarded me this stamp of approval is noneother than chicsinred! Super femes blogger tuh.. Woo-hoo! For the purpose of answering this tag, I translated I love your blog into Italiano using Langenberg.com Kalau menipulah Encik /Cik Langenberg, maka tipulah saya. *Just had to put my disclaimer in there* The rules are pretty simple: 1. The receipient can put the logo on his/her awesome blog. 2. Link the person you received the award from. 3. Nominate at least 7 others blogs. 4. Put links on those blogs on yours. 5. Leave a message on the blogs of those you’ve nominated. My choice of SEVEN includes: Malaysian Housewife in Londres The beautiful JazzmaTazz (She has the award on her blog already. :)) They are already on my blog roll and I have left them a message, Thanks! -dillz blogging out-
I just love Awards but Tags - not so much! But since this is a pretty simple one, I am all for it. It's the expectation, you know, thinking that you've let the person down if you didn't answer fast enough or witty enough. And I don't quite like letting people down.
Actually, for this particular award I am quite tak larat because the person who awarded me this stamp of approval is noneother than chicsinred! Super femes blogger tuh.. Woo-hoo! For the purpose of answering this tag, I translated I love your blog into Italiano using Langenberg.com Kalau menipulah Encik /Cik Langenberg, maka tipulah saya. *Just had to put my disclaimer in there*
The rules are pretty simple:
1. The receipient can put the logo on his/her awesome blog. 2. Link the person you received the award from. 3. Nominate at least 7 others blogs. 4. Put links on those blogs on yours. 5. Leave a message on the blogs of those you’ve nominated.
My choice of SEVEN includes:
Malaysian Housewife in Londres
The beautiful JazzmaTazz (She has the award on her blog already. :))
They are already on my blog roll and I have left them a message, Thanks!
-dillz blogging out-
Thursday, June 18, 2009
- Called up Beaconhouse to get the go-ahead and number of pax - Seemed that Wednesday was A-OK! at 10:30am, no of pax for Khadra's class: 9 girls and 7 boys, add 2 more BFFs from the other class & for Khaleeq's class: 7 girls & 5 boys. (Kakak punya party, adik punya class pun dapat party packs)
- Called up Ziezi, party planner extraordinaire to help me out on the party packs. She confirmed she has the premiums - 20 Ben-10 pencil cases for the boys and 20 Hannah Montana pencil cases for girls. But, I had to source the tidbits and small party favours myself. No worries, a quick trip to Village Grocer and Baloon Bouquet should sort that out.
- Cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes.. No one in the right mind would take an order this late, with Sonic Underground somemore... *Sheesh* But, as luck would have it, I chanced upon Edina's adorablecupcakes and she was willing! (Try clicking on the image below and you will also be transported to her page!) Thank you, babe. You're a real gem! She's a Srikandi too, btw. I just had to pick them up at UniSel on Wednesday morning, before the party. :)
- Arranged for pick-up of premiums and party bag from Ziezi.
- Confirmed cupcake reservation thru e-mail.
- Off to Balloon Bouquet after work to get the extra-special "6-year old" candles and some party favours.
- To Village Grocer to get the snacks to stuff into the party packs; candies, Chupa Chups lollies, biscuits, Zip strawberry wafers, Daim candies..
- Started production lineup for party packs ; inducted Khadra and Parmi as operators. :) (Khaleeda pun nak tolong makan lollies)
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Yes, this was the actual picture of Lily Cole on the quiz question.
Thankfully Google provided us with enough right answers to appear at the middle of the lot at the end! Pheww!
The friendly bantering during the toasts was as delightful as ever. Ms Darina Yusoff toasted to Cambridge for Oxford while Dr. George Lee a.k.a. Dr. Loooove toasted to Oxford for Cambridge. I thought Dr. Loooove got the audience's vote with his charm and confidence! Good on ya, Doc!
Regretfully, pictures of the actual dinner will have to be uploaded later since I didn't want to look like a photographer lugging my bulky A350 around. Wait for it. I promise you it won't be disappointing! :( (Gosh, I really need a good compact, soon!*Updated*)
-dillz blogging out-
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Zee Avi (born Izyan Alirahman, also known as KokoKaina; b. 1986) is a Malaysian singer-songwriter, guitarist, and ukulele player. She was born in Miri, Sarawak, on the island of Borneo. She moved to Kuala Lumpur when she was 12. She studied fashion design at American InterContinental University in London.
Zee originally posted a video of her first song on YouTube because one of her friends had missed her first performance in Kuala Lumpur, so she created a video on YouTube for him to watch. He convinced Zee to leave the video up, and soon she received positive feedback, which inspired her to put more videos on YouTube. After she was featured on YouTube, she was signed by Brushfire Records, which is partly owned by Jack Johnson. Her song "No Christmas For Me" is featured on Brushfire Records's 2008 Christmas album This Warm December: A Brushfire Holiday. Her single "Bitter Heart" was first to become available on the US iTunes store, and her full self-titled debut album was released on May 19, 2009. On the day of her album's release, YouTube featured her on the front page in Spotlight: Music Tuesday. She is currently touring the United States.
Her song "Monte" was featured in the second season finale of Private Practice.
Here's another good link - her own Youtube : KokoKaina's channel It goes without saying that I already bought her first album and found some tunes that were really catchy. I especially liked Bitter Heart , Honey Bee and Kantoi. (In actual fact I haven't gone through all of them yet, always putting these three on repeat! hihihihihihi)
I think the following is the a great string of tunes as an intro to her work: Live from and above the Solar Powered Plastic Plant.
Take your time to enjoy - Honey Bee, Bitter Heart, Kantoi and Monte.
and for your easy lip syching - the lyrics:
I am a honey bee
Shunned off from the colony
And they won’t let me in
So I left the hive
They took away all my stripes
And broke off both my wings
So I’ll find another tree
And make the wind my friend
I’ll just sing with the birds
They’ll tell me secrets of the world
But my other honey bee
Stuck where he doesn’t wanna be
But my darling honey bee
I’ll come save you
Even if it means I’ll have to face the Queen
So I’ll come prepared
My new friends say they would help me
Get my loved one back
They say it isn’t right
The bees have control of your mind
But I choose not to believe that
So we’ll meet in the darkness of the night
And I’ll promise I will be there on time
We’ll be guided by my new friends the butterflies
Bring us back to our own little hive
Oh my other honey bee
No longer stuck where he doesn’t wanna be
Oh my darling honey bee
I have saved you
And now that you’re with me
We can make our own honey
Sun rays come down as seen when they hit the ground,
Children spinning around till they fall down down down.
I wait for you: it's been two hours now,
You're still somewhere in town,
Your dinner's getting cold.
I rest my case you are always this late,
And you know how much I hate waiting around 'round 'round,
Bitter heart, bitter heart tries to keep it all inside,
Bitter heart, bitter heart shadows will help you try to hide,
Bitter heart, my bitter heart is gettin' just a little fragile,
Bitter heart, bitter heart of mine.
And then you come and tell me the same reason as you did yesterday,
So tell me what's her name.
Doo doo da dum, doo doo da dum, doo doo doo doo doo doo da da dum dum, da da da da dum, da da da da dum, da da da da dum.
Bitter heart, bitter heart tries to keep it all inside
Bitter heart, bitter heart shadows will help you try to hide,
Bitter heart, my bitter heart is getting just a little fragile,
Bitter heart, bitter heart of mine, of mine, of mine, of mine, of mine, of mine.
Semalam I call you, you tak answer.
You kata you keluar pergi dinner.
You kata you keluar dengan kawan you.
But when I called Tommy he said it wasn't true.
So I drove my car pergi Damansara.
Tommy kata maybe you tengok bola.
Tapi bila I sampai you, you tak ada.
Lagilah I jadi gila.
So I called and called sampai you answer.
You kata sorry sayang tadi tak dengar.
My phone was on silent, I was at the gym.
Tapi latar belakang suara perempuan lain.
Sudahlah sayang, I don't believe you.
I've always known your words were never true.
Why am I with you, I pun tak tahu.
No wonderlah my friends pun tak suka you.
So I guess that's the end of our story.
Akhir kata she accepted his apology.
Tapi last last kita dapat tahu she was cheating too.
With her ex boyfriend's best friend - Tommy.
-dillz blogging out-
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Just got this from my beloved Aicu...
Tuesday, June 09, 2009
- Expectation is a powerful attractive force. Expect the things you want, and don't expect the things you don't want.
- Gratitude is powerful process for shifting your energy and bringing more of what you want into your life. Be grateful for what you already have, and you will attract more good things.
- Giving thanks for what you want in advance turbo-charges your desires and sends a more powerful signal out to the Universe.
- You get to fill the blackboard of your life with whatever you want.
- The only thing you need to do is feel good now.
- Do what you love. If you don't know what brings you joy, ask, "What is my joy?" As you commit to your joy, you will attract an avalanche of joyful things because you are radiating joy.
Monday, June 08, 2009
Sunday, June 07, 2009
Friday, June 05, 2009
- Write five (5) interesting facts about the person who gave you this award.
- Jot down ten (10) interesting facts about yourself or your hobbies.
- Pick your ten (10) most deserving receipients and describe them.
- Leave a comment on the receipients' blog to tell them they've been tagged.
- Paste the award badge in your sidebar.
- Have fun! If you feel like cutting down on the numbers, feel free to!