Have you ever had this happen to you?
You get a call right in the middle of doing something important; in the middle of a meeting, getting your hairy body parts waxed, screaming to your kids for not doing their homework right or what-have-you; and the number is one that you do not recognize. It could be some random mobile or fixed line, but fearing for some important or critical news on the line, you pick it up. I mean, what other option do you have, right? Only to hear a stream of words thrown your way:
- asking you whether you have 3 minutes to enjoy a free stay at a remarkable resort by the sea?
- or offering you a great insurance / personal accident coverage offered only to you, our special and priveledged customer,
- or selling you a great travel membership with association in 600plus resorts in 90 countries.
This is when I personally go fuming mad. I know they are just doing their job, so I bite my tongue and say any of these reply varieties:
- "It's OK. I already have personal insurance."
- "I'm not interested. Thanks."
- "I tengah meeting lah. Nanti call balik, ya"
- "I outstation ni."
Now I have another option than to answer the calls. After every event, I would save the number into my contact named ".Bangang". If I exceed the maximum number for ".Bangang"; then ".Bodoh", ".####" ".%^&$%" will follow.
Peace of mind. Thank you!
Okay, I have ranted. Now, I can work!
-dillz blogging out-