Sunday, August 09, 2009

Travelog Jakarta 4: What about FUN things to do?


Let's see a show of hands for those who thought my Travelog Jakarta (1, 2 and 3 are already posted!) series of posts were done? You are sadly mistaken, my friend.. There's still more from where that came from.. hihihihihihi.. Now, it is time for me to share with you what were some of the fun and/or stoopid things we (almost) did whilst we were over there..

1. KidZania , One Pacific Place

We were at One Pacific Place for dinner one night so we took the opportunity to check the place and its stores for a bit. Our gracious hosts, DZ and Marin, mentioned that there's KidZania on the topmost floor and we were eager to check it out. (for the kids, I mean) Even from the outside, I must say that I was intrigued and impressed! Note that AirAsia aircraft head? Yup, that is the entrance / arrival hall!

KidZania is a world for kids to explore the ways of the world. In this themed park, they would have to get a "job" to earn money to spend in KidZania. There's many jobs to choose from - chef , pilot, construction worker, doctor etc etc.. "It is a kid-sized replica of a real city, with streets, buildings, retail and different vehicles going around the City." You can get more info here: Kidzania, Jakarta I also heard sometime ago that they will be opening up a place here, in Malaysia soon - somewhere in Mutiara Damansara, I believe.. :) Yeay!

It's apparently suitable for kids from 4 - 16 years old. Can't wait to return and bring the kids over to experience KidZania for themselves!

2. Velvet Room @ Blitzmegaplex , One Pacific Place

Boleh percaya tak we watched a movie on a bed in the movie theatre? Serious! All is possible at the Velvet Room @ Blitzmegaplex. The one we went was also in One Pacific Place. (Saya sukalah One Pacific Place nih) The price is also reasonable, Rp 250,000 for a bed. (tak sampai RM90) Reasonable lah, kan? Kat sini, Gold Class kat Signature, The Gardens pun RM60 per pax. Tak dapat tidur, pun.. :) Just for the sake of experiencing it, we watched Public Enemies - a movie I would not have watched at the theatre, kalau tak terpaksa.
pictures from: here , here , here

You are greeted in the special lounge for Velvet Room-ers, whereby you could wait around before your movie screens. Free wi-fi included, of course, and you could order from its special menu (not available from the concession counter outside). Don't worry if you could not finish your meals nor your drinks, they can bring it in and it will be served on a small table-top ala breakfast in bed. :) Best woo.. Serious - an experience you need to try for yourself! Satisfaction, guaranteed!

3. Atmosfear @ FX Mall, Sudirman
First heard about the slides that twists and turns down 7-levels in a shopping mall from my sister, Kira. We were actually looking to get some stuff for the kids and decided to check out FX Mall. There weren't any stores for kids' clothes at the FX Mall, but the Atmosfear was there. :) It really had my name written all over it. The queue was non-existent , I guess it was because it was a Monday morning. The admission was reasonably priced at Rp 50,000 (RM18) per head with a promotion to boot. Buy one admission and get another ride down for free. It wasn't really a question of whether I would slide down the Atmosfear. It was really a question of how many times. hihihihihihi

I was all suited up with the safety helmet, knee-guards and jacket before I climbed up the opening and slipped into the sliding mat. I was given a little instruction on the Dos and Don'ts - you know the usuals, keep your knees closed, body at 30-45degrees inclination, yadda, yadda yadda. The instuctor reminded me one more time, "Whatever you do, keep on holding to the sliding mat handle. Oh, don't forget to scream your lungs out." Yes, maam! They were sound advices, indeed.

There was nothing left to do, I just inched my butt and down.. and down.. and down.. I went! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
picture of Atmosfear from: here

How can I adequately describe the feeling? Simply put, it was like AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! going down. There was this one section when the momentum slowed down somewhat and I could feel I was on a conveyor of some sort. Took a little breather and before long it was another round of AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! Landing was pretty smooth, I finished in 13++ seconds the first time down the slides. Pheww! :)

There were two gentlemen standing by at the end of the landing area ready to help me up and take off the helmet + knee-guards + jacket . I got up, and felt a litte giddy with excitement. Somehow, it didn't feel real - I still can't believe I just slid down 7-storeys!! hihihihihi

The landing portion was actually documented by a photographer. He was happily snapping away. He had some pictures of me which I was contemplating of printing and turn into a little photo-book. But, they weren't all that great, though. As soon as I told him that I had another free pass, he followed me up and started snapping my pre-slide photos. (Suiting up included) I managed to better my time somewhat too. 12++seconds. :)

The price of the photo-book was another Rp50,000 and the softcopy version was burnt onto a CD for another Rp25,000. With the additional spending, I could have gone down the Atmosfear for free yet again - but we skipped it 'coz we didn't exactly have that much time left. hihihihi.. Kalau tak, harus TIGA kali turun itu slide!

4. Skin and bling your phone @ Digiskin in Senayan City

Remember my blinged out mobile earlier? We chanced upon this little outlet tucked at the back in Level 4 of Senayan City shopping mall. You basically choose a skin and they would customize it onto your mobile, camera, laptop- whatever. I chose a butterfly motive, purple background with black and white butterfiles. I thought it looked rather sweet. You could also skin it with your own designs or photos, if you want. What I really wanted was to bling it with swarovzki crystals but again, time was our enemy. Tak sempat. :( As is pun, it took the guy some hour and a half to complete my skin.

Cost-wise? Basic skin would cut you back by Rp400,000. (RM130) For minimal swarovzki, add something like Rp120,000 (RM40) more. For a full-blinged out mobile, get ready to pay about Rp3,200,000. (Wah, RM1100 to decorate mobile phone, kah?)

Seronok kan? In a way, I kinda fell in love with Jakarta on this trip. Just felt like staying there forever. Apa-apa pun, am definitely coming back. Insya Allah, this time with the troop in tow. ;)

-dillz blogging out-

2 comments:

Real Woman said...

hi dilla! Found your interesting blog while i was going thru along's blog. Your akarta caption seemd to be pulling me coz..I LOVE JAKARTA TOO!!! I first went there about 2 yrs ago and since then hv been a regular. Pantang ada airasia cheapo tickets sure grab!Eheheh..better save the money on the spree eh! Oh ya..can i link u in my blog? :)

dillazag said...

Hey back Real Woman. :) Love the way you think. I believe we have a lot in common. hihihihihihi
Please do link me up. I'll be checking yours up, soon.. ;)