Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Khaleeq @ the 'Spital

It's just incredible to see how my boy reacts when been put into the same situation as my girl. Khadra was also admitted sometime last June and I actually blogged about all her drama, here. Now, Khaleeq is admitted and I would say a picture speaks a thousand words:
The nebulizer was scheduled every three hours throughout the stay without fail. 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm, 12am, 3am, 6am, 9am, 12pm.. You get the drift.. And is still so chirpy about it. :) Siap buat thumbs up sans all the drama that was Khadra.

The nurse also came in to take his temperature and oxygen level and he would just let them do their job. For medicine shots, he just had to be reassured that he would need to take it in order to go home. Lepas tu, he'd just take it like a man. :)

So senang lah jaga budak ini..

Tapi, ada gak terkucil sedikit. We were having dinner (Chicken Mandy from Al-Rawsha, okay..) when he was happily playing with his new Ben-10 collection, courtesy of Wek Anjang. Then I noticed him playing with his birdie (a little more so than usual). While we were debating who would take him and the drip machine to the toilet, he ended up wetting the bed. Hah - padan muka mak bapak dia.. hihihihihihi..

The hospital itself, I don't have much to complain. The single room came with a day-bed (yang Azrul tengah lounge on) which made it so convenient for a parent to sleep over. We had an extra duvet and pillow imported from Pondok Azlul (Thanks Ki, Ems and Pez) to make it extra comfy. I shared the bed with Khaleeq. It totally worked out since the nurses came in often during the night time to give him the meds and nebulizer.

The hospital is pretty small, all the wards are located on the first floor. But, because of that there are abundance of parkings available. :) Food-wise was OK. In fact it was rather tasty before we switched the diet to bread and plain porridge for Khaleeq. I can't complain about the location either since it was only about 5 minutes to my parents house. We even went out to IOI Mall for a while last night to get a shot of coffee. :)

Anyhoots, the Dr came for his normal morning rounds and confirmed that we could be discharged today. Here's Khaleeq chilling while waiting for his discharge papers.

Alhamdulillah, everything is looking well..

-dillz blogging out-


kucingorengemok said...

coolnya budak sakit ni... kalau semua drama mcm khadra kesian pulak mommy dia pitam, hehe :) get well soon, khaleeq, supaya mommy & daddy dapat makan mandy rice tanpa kejadian tak diingini ;)

D.N.A.S said...

Dilla, ni kat Columbia Asia kat Bandar Puteri tu ke? I selalu lalu depan situ tapi tak pernah pulak singgah.

MommyCT said...

Salam. Ok ke columbia? How's ur son now? Hope he get well soon.

Along said...

Alhamdulillah, your boy is getting better. FYI, I gave birth at Columbia Asia and it was a great experience. The dr and nurses were very professional. Dia punya gift pack pun best, macam2 dapat...hehehe...

the principal said...

get well soon, Khaleeq

dillazag said...

Lain kali nak mandy rice, kena makan kat restaurant la jawabnya.. hihihihi

Yup K Dayang. Yang kat sebelah Giant tu lah.. :)

I think OK lah. I was pleasantly surprised. Selama ni dok pergi Pantai Medical je tak sudah-sudah..

dillazag said...

Yes, Alhamdulillah.. Syukur.. Dia dah start annoying balik tu, maka dah sihatlah gamaknya.. :)

I found the experience refreshing too. :) Smaller hospital and friendlier service, I thought. :)

dillazag said...

K Hemy,
thanks, sista!

Amy said...

Haihhh, kalau tahu awal bleh pi visit. Amy kan dah duduk area sana :). Glad to know Khaleeq is well.

dillazag said...

Alhamdulillah, he's well.. :) Lupa la pulak awak dah dok belah-belah sini.. :)

Mas Rahim said...

yeah..columbia best gak..me too was admitted there early aug...tu lah tgk gbr cam familiar je tpt tu heehh but all the nurses n docs baik2 :-)

dillazag said...

I agree. Bagus gak pergi masuk hospital baru ni. Diorang eager nak serve. :)