Sunday, April 15, 2007

Srikandi Support

The weekend was a packed one for me as the first Srikandi Exco Meeting took almost the whole of my Saturday. But for Rm85 pax we had the use of the meeting room, break at 11am, scrumptious buffet lunch whilst serenaded by the 4-piece "GOMOS" group from Indonesia and more tea breaks at the Seri Pacific Hotel. (previously known as Pan Pac) I think that was quite worth it, especially when the Madam President was paying! :) Thank you Kak Mariamah, semoga murah rezeki!!! I thought the meeting was quite a fruitful one, we managed to schedule more EXCO meetings throughout the year, brainstormed on our "wish" activities, clarified our portfolios and embarked on a Srikandi Blueprint. Of course, the other big thing happenning this year is the Malam 3 Serangkai commemorating 50 years of STAR, SDAR and STF. I can foresee my social calendar being very full these two years.. So, thanks so much yang, for letting me do this!

On top of that, my kids and I also went to show our support for our lovely fellow Srikandi, Ms Yoga Instructor herself, Ninie. The finale hall was filled with Ninie's supporters clad in red or white with banners and styrofoam alphabets spelling "H.A.T.I.Y.O.G.A", "We HEART Ninie", "We voted for The Yoga Instructor" and lots more. I actually wanted to bring a banner with "Ninie, Marry My Brother" written on it, but I never got down to doing it. Me and my procrastination. Hrrmph!! But, we did bring Elmo since he was the right colour! Khadra even practiced chanting "Ninie! Ninie!" in the car to prepare for the show. 

Fortunately, we had extra pair of hands from Kak Hana, Kak Spena, and Kak Sue Nafry and her friendly crew of four. Thanks so much guys, I dah tak terkejar dah si Khaleeq tu ...

I guess the real shocker of it all is that our lovely Ninie did not win. It was very sad to see hearts crushed and dreams shattered like that. But, I do know that what doesn't kill you, will only make you stronger. Bounce back, Ninie.. Bounce back stronger than ever.. You have it in your heart - the passion, the drive to make it work. So, take your time to grief, feel the resentment and bitterness before you take on the world once more. It'll only make your success that much sweeter!

As we were walking out the hall, my Khadra said, "I like your purple friend, mom." See, even the little one knows...

-dillz blogging out-

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're welcome :)

Anonymous said...

btw, your being busy translates to more golf time for me....hehehe

dillazag said...

VNG --> Amboi... sukanya dia.. ;) But, really, thanks yang.. muah muah...

D.N.A.S said...

When you were brainstorming that Saturday, I was busy SMSing Hana... gossipping la... apa lagi...!

dillazag said...

D.N.A.S --> Aaah.. gossipping.. One of my favourite pastime.. heh heh heh

Lain kali, SMS la I sekali...

Anonymous said...

the named minutes taker should concentrate on the meeting.. where else madam secretary can sms her kepochi frends.. muaahaha!
btw, madam secretary dah tanya mana minutes ni.. nak gi tukar signature kat bank..

Feather's Mother said...

Hi, Kak Dilla!!

Thanks again for coming, for being so kind and supportive all this while. I recover much faster than even I can imagine.

Alaaa, why didn't you say Hi at Paddington Hartamas? The next time, kalau I nampak you, I tegur you ok? And your kids are gorgeous! Too adorable I feel like pinching their cheeks and peluk tak nak lepas!

And well, for the intended banner, who knows I might as well.. Your brother cute what (yes, we've met).. Ha ha haaa! Main main je (malu! malu!)!

Thanks again for everything and more Kak Dilla and we'll definitely keep in touch ya?

dillazag said...

Kak Hana --> Working on it. Saya dah start typing dah.. Lain kali kena bagi dedicated laptop daaa... Insya allah, Isnin, siap! Wokey?

TYI --> Actually, my daughter yang spotted you.. Dia beria practice Ninie! Ninie! in the car .. heh heh heh.. Pls do tegur me.. I like new friends.. :) And I really hope my brother doesn't read my blog.. Nanti, nyesal you... heh heh heh