Wednesday, June 08, 2005

La Familia - Take 2

*from my other blog at Dilla Speaks Out

This is Khadra. Khadra is two. For just a little person, she has such a BIG personality. Khadra means GREEN, FERTILITY. Aptly, we chose green as her favourite color.(She has no say in this what-so-ever)

Khadra loves? Eating especially Chili’s Mac-and-Cheese and Brownie Sundae, chocolates, chocolate cakes and ice-cream, scribbling / doodling on her Magna Doodle Pro or a piece of paper, reading especially "Do you know how to be a cow?" and flap-books, ‘drawing’, watching : Barney, Save-ums, Madeline, Jojo’s Circus (basically everything Playhouse Disney Channel) , pretending, singing, dancing, performing, playing slides and house (especially at Kizsports) and laughing. She has the most infectious little laugh ever!

She is the numero uno Drama Queen in my household. She exaggerates everything - when she’s happy, when she’s sad, when she’s upset, when she’s angry… A very animated person — I loooove her expressions. She does everything wholeheartedly, especially when she tries to ‘playback’ scenes from Barney. Everytime I am reminded of her ‘acts’ I wish that I was at home with her.

I really adore this kid ‘coz she is not afraid to tell the world how she feels. She wears her heart on her sleeve — such a loving girl, unafraid to express herself in words and actions. She is a constant reminder for me to take life a little less seriously and to enjoy the moment. Sometimes I can hardly believe that she’s only TWO.

She knows exactly what she wants and what she doesn’t want. (Guess who she got THAT from? heh heh) Sometimes it becomes a little hard to discipline her, coz we want her to have everything that she asks for. But, hey, we have to do what we have to do, right?

What about books and toys? Khadra has lots of those.. I have the tendency to buy her things that are intended for older kids. At one point, I went soo OTT (over-the-top) that Azrul sarcastically asked me to get Khadra Standard One text books. (Told you he is the funny guy)

Khadra can speak a little now. We call her ‘Kakak’. She calls Azrul ‘Ayah’ or ‘Asone’ (supposedly Azrul) and I am ‘Abibu’. The little kid bro she calls ‘Ayeeq’. I used to be ‘Abuu’ before evolving into - ‘Ibu’, ‘Bibu’ and finally ‘Abibu’. She tends to add an A to almost everyone’s name. Some of the transformed names are: Awek (from Wek) , Aweewa (from Tuewa), Ameema (from Meema), Abibik (from Bibik).

Her singing is becoming more and more comprehensible (?). I can make the tunes out, for sure, and the words are coming along quite nicely. Some of her faves are Itsy Bitsy Spider, Mister Sun, The Wheels on the Bus, The Raindrop Song, TTLS (Twinkle Twinkle Little Star) and I Love You.

Khadra is definitely a daddy’s girl. It’s okay, though, coz I have Ayeeq! hah hah hah.

-dillz blogging out-

No comments: