Monday, February 29, 2016

Feeding Kharis Jawhar

As at the time I am writing this, there is already another addition to our family. It's been a while, really, because baby Kharis Jawhar just turned 9 months yesterday. :) He has been fully breastfed and I was really, really looking forward to feeding him when he turned 6 months. So, a couple of days before he turned 6 months, I went out and get myself a Beaba Baby Cook. I actually wanted the SOLO model but the store had run out of stock. So, this is what we got: 



I was armed now. To introduce him to solids, I started puree-ing mainly fruits and vegetables, one flavour at a time, whilst looking out for any possible signs of allergy. Using the Beaba Baby Cook made my life a whole lot easier too. The gadgets does the steaming and the blending for you, so that was really convenient. Once the puree is done, I batch freeze them in blobs of 60mls. The silicon freeze compartments are really easy to handle and facilitates 


By trial and error, I stuck to feeding baby KJ at around 120ml per serving. He actually cried pretty loudly when I don't feed him enough. kikikikiki 


We had apples, pears, bananas, sweet potatoes and carrots puree; amongst others. Then after, I started combining two flavours together. The ones that Kharis really liked were apple + pear, apple + banana, avocado + banana, strawberry + banana and sweet potato + carrot. 





-dillzbloggingout-

No comments: